Top 10 Things to Do in Chicago
Chicago is an international hub for technology, commerce, finance, industry, transport, and telecommunications. The Windy City also boasts world-class museums, vibrant shopping districts, skyscrapers, ample nightlife venues, and cultural attractions, to name a few.
Visiting this great city, whether for business or just taking a vacation, wouldn’t be as enjoyable and remarkable without taking your time checking off this list of 10 things you must do in Chicago:
- Look up and around, getting to know the art décor of every building. Chicago’s architectural designs are just amazing. They range from the skyscrapers like Trump Tower, the gigantic Merchandize Mart, and the Willis Tower, which was once the tallest building in the world.
- Listen to the volunteer-guides at First Lady Cruises tell tales in a 90-minute cruise along the Chicago River as you sit in an open-air boat sipping a drink.
- Visit Navy Pier, which covers more than 20 hectares of Chicago lakefront, encompassing parks, restaurants, shopping, gardens, stages, museums, and more. It’s really a city within a city, attracting millions of tourists every year. Enjoy the rides on the 150-foot pier and then experience the fireworks lighting up the Chicago skyline.
- Soar to the top of the city’s skyscrapers, like the John Hancock Center, and walk out over the ledge of the Willis Tower’ at Skydeck Chicago. Not only will thrillseekers get the adrenaline rush they need, but you can also experience a spectacular view of Chicago–it’s a great spot to take that vacation selfie!
- Bask in the summer sunshine on the pristine sands of the enormous Lake Michigan or engage in water sports like skiing, kayaking, and paddle boarding. You can also opt to jog around or stroll along the lake’ shores.
- Visit the 5-acre Millennium Park and watch free live performances and concerts at Jay Pritzker Pavilion. The bean-shaped, 110-ton stainless steel sculpture called Cloud Gate is also breathtaking to see and touch.
- Visit the Shedd Aquarium, which is the most-visited attraction in Chicago. The aquarium has over 80 habitats encompassing over 1,500 species. Get to see beluga whales, Alaska sea otters, California sea lions, and Pacific white-sided dolphins up close.
- Divvy up the fun. In Chicago, there is a bike-sharing system called Divvy, so hit the streets in this bike-friendly city!
- The Museum of Science and Industry is the largest science center in the western US and offers visitors a chance to see, touch, and interact with its exhibits.
- Treat yourself to a luxurious stay. The Langham is a sleek, modern, and sophisticated hotel in Chicago. It’s perfect for those who enjoy the finer things in life. Meanwhile, the JW Marriott Chicago is quite affordable for a 4-star hotel and is located right in the center of the city. Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue is a 3-star Chicago hotel, but it’s packed with a wide range of modern amenities, plus offers an excellent view of the cityscapes.